Country music group Little Big Town's Kimberly Schlapman shares her recipe for a healthy, ginger-flavored juice made with beets, carrots and apples.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound beets (about 3 medium), trimmed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ pound carrots (about 2 large), trimmed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Gala apples, cored, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, chopped in half
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice\
Pass beets, carrots, apples and ginger through a juicer. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Stir in lemon juice. Pour into glasses.