Terri Clark's Butter Tarts
Terri has fond memories of her mother making butter tarts that didn't skimp on the butter. "Butter is a food group," says Terri, "and I love it."
Cook Time: 20 minutes | Yield: 14 tarts
- pastry for double-crust pie
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Roll out pastry on floured workspace 1/8-inch thick and cut into 3 75-inch rounds.
- Use these rounds to line 14 muffin cups.
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in corn syrup, brown sugar, raisins, rum and salt.
- Lightly beat the egg and add to raisin mixture.
- Use mixture to fill pastry lined cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in 425°F oven for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Remove from oven, run tip of knife around edges to loosen and let stand for at least 10 minutes before removing from muffin tins
Recipe courtesy of Food.com.
"One of my favorite memories was my Grandmother making peanut butter cookies," says Billy. "She would cut them into shapes. Didn't matter what they looked like, they were the best!"
"My Army commanding officer used to come to the field with these cookies," says Craig. "We all thought we were cool, stealing from him, but he was really bringing enough for all of us to "steal."
I'll be the first to admit I'm not a very good baker," says Martina. "But there is one recipe I've found that's pretty fool-proof. We call them "Peanut Butter Incredibles" – and they are incredible."
Darryl Worley has fond memories of his mom's peanut butter fudge. Check out this recipe and the rest of Great American Country's recipes from other stars.
Rory, of country duo Joey + Rory, shares a story and recipe about his favorite holiday treat. Every Christmas, Rory's aunt makes these raisin tarts. The overall-wearing artist admits he much prefers these tarts over his mother's divinity candy — no offense, Mom!
Josh's mom has been making this yummy holiday dessert since he was a young boy. "They're addicting," he admits.
Country music group Little Big Town's Kimberly Schlapman shares her recipe for butter made from apples and cider, and spiced with cloves, cinnamon and allspice.