Country music group Little Big Town's Kimberly Schlapman shares her recipe for Southern-style coleslaw.
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups finely shredded nappa cabbage
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced snow peas
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
Mix the first 7 ingredients in a bowl. Add vegetables to separate bowl. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss well to evenly coat.