Roasted Turkey, Apple and Brie Sandwich With Plum Jus
Cook time: 35-40 minutes | Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey breast, skinless and boneless
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 golden delicious apple, thinly sliced
- 4 ciabatta rolls, sliced in half
- 8 slices brie cheese
- Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 pounds plums (about 6 plums), pitted and rough chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Season the turkey breasts with the rosemary, olive oil and salt and pepper. Place it on a sheet tray and roast it in the oven for about 35-40 minutes.
Meanwhile slice the golden delicious apple. Toast the bread.
Remove the turkey from the oven and cut into thin slices. On the bottom half of 4 slices of the bread layer a few slices each of turkey, apple and brie cheese. Top with a little frisee. On the top half of the slices spread mayo and dijon. Place the tops on the bottoms of the sandwich and slice in half. Serve with plum sauce.
For the Plum Jus:
In a small pot add the plums, sugar and balsamic vinegar. Simmer on low until plums become soft and break down; about 20-25 minutes. Pour mixture over a sieve and strain. Reserve the liquid. Discard the skins.