Blackened Mahi Mahi
Cook time: 5-7 minutes | Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
- Grapeseed oil for pan frying
- Four 6 ounce mahi mahi fillets
- Lemon wedges for garnish
Combine all of the spices in a small bowl. Press a heaping tablespoon of the spice mix onto each fillet so that both sides are liberally coated. Allow the fish to sit for 15 minutes at room temperature prior to cooking.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is almost smoking, add the fillets and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with lemon juice and transfer the fillets to serving platter.