Inspired by a favorite Nashville restaurant, this surprising dish makes a fun twist for family pasta night, especially during blueberry season.
- 1 pound of frozen blueberries
- 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 8 to 12 ounces of fresh tagliatelle
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- ½ cup of dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon of minced shallot
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- Cracked salt and black pepper
- Parmesan Reggiano
- 4 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons of salted butter
- Flaky sea salt
Bring water to a boil, and add tagliatelle noodles. Boil until al dente. Strain water from noodles and set aside to dry.
Using a medium saucepan on medium heat, simmer the blueberries, butter, thyme, and balsamic for 5 to 10 minutes until the mixture is reduced.
In a larger saucepan, melt some butter and sauté wild mushrooms, garlic, and shallots in white wine. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the mushrooms are nice and soft.
Add noodles to the large sauce pan and mix thoroughly.
Plate, drizzle blueberry sauce over the top, and serve.