Terri Clark's Butter Tarts
Terri has fond memories of her mother making butter tarts that didn't skimp on the butter. "Butter is a food group," says Terri, "and I love it."
Cook Time: 20 minutes | Yield: 14 tarts
- pastry for double-crust pie
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Roll out pastry on floured workspace 1/8-inch thick and cut into 3 75-inch rounds.
- Use these rounds to line 14 muffin cups.
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in corn syrup, brown sugar, raisins, rum and salt.
- Lightly beat the egg and add to raisin mixture.
- Use mixture to fill pastry lined cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in 425°F oven for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Remove from oven, run tip of knife around edges to loosen and let stand for at least 10 minutes before removing from muffin tins
Recipe courtesy of Food.com.
The challenge with these cookies? "You have to put them on wax paper and let them dry," says Ashton, "which is really hard because you usually eat them before they get dry."
Darryl Worley has fond memories of his mom's peanut butter fudge. Check out this recipe and the rest of Great American Country's recipes from other stars.
Josh's mom has been making this yummy holiday dessert since he was a young boy. "They're addicting," he admits.
"Every year around the holidays, I always look forward to my mom's apple pie," says Dustin. "And ice cream – you've gotta have ice cream with it!"
"One thing I love about the holidays is, we have these great neighbors that show up with tins of cookies," says Rodney. If you're a neighbor, here's a hint: make these — they're his favorite!
For Eli Young Band's Chris Thompson, it wouldn't be the holidays without his mom's pumpkin pie.
Taylor Swift shares a recipe about her favorite holiday treat, pumpkin spice cookies. "Baking is my favorite!" says Taylor, who loves to make these every winter.
Brantley Gilbert can't hide his sweet tooth when it comes to his favorite holiday dessert, chocolate delight.
Joe Diffie is a pro in the kitchen. Here's one of his favorite things to bake each year, chewy chocolate chip cookies.
Jerrod has one wish for Christmas: "Mom, please make these Lemon Bars!"