Terri Clark's Butter Tarts
Terri has fond memories of her mother making butter tarts that didn't skimp on the butter. "Butter is a food group," says Terri, "and I love it."
Cook Time: 20 minutes | Yield: 14 tarts
- pastry for double-crust pie
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Roll out pastry on floured workspace 1/8-inch thick and cut into 3 75-inch rounds.
- Use these rounds to line 14 muffin cups.
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in corn syrup, brown sugar, raisins, rum and salt.
- Lightly beat the egg and add to raisin mixture.
- Use mixture to fill pastry lined cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in 425°F oven for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Remove from oven, run tip of knife around edges to loosen and let stand for at least 10 minutes before removing from muffin tins
Recipe courtesy of Food.com.
Brantley Gilbert can't hide his sweet tooth when it comes to his favorite holiday dessert, chocolate delight.
Lauren says she loves her Nana's pecan pie — even though she admits to picking off the nuts and just eating the pie! Here's a recipe, nuts and all.
"One of our best friends – her name is Willie -- grew up Amish," says Billy. "She makes these amazing pumpkin cookies. It's an Amish specialty, and nobody does it better than her!"
For Eli Young Band's Chris Thompson, it wouldn't be the holidays without his mom's pumpkin pie.
"My family makes this stuff called 'Divinity' every year," says Lady A's Dave. "They're white, gooey circles – I don't know how else to describe them. It's really good."
Darryl Worley says his wife makes strawberry cake better than anyone. Check out this recipe and the rest of Great American Country's recipes from other stars.
"My mom is famous for these cookies that she makes," says Dean, "and they're about the size of a dinner plate. She uses Mexican vanilla in them – that's the special ingredient that helps them have that flavor."
"This recipe is very simple and it's great fun to have an assembly line," says Kimberly Schlapman, who has fond memories of baking every Christmas at Grandma's, with all the women in her family.
During the holidays, Cherrill Green of Eden's Edge, craves her mom's Hello Dolly Bars. Check out this recipe and the rest of Great American Country's recipes from other stars.
I'll be the first to admit I'm not a very good baker," says Martina. "But there is one recipe I've found that's pretty fool-proof. We call them "Peanut Butter Incredibles" – and they are incredible."