Terri Clark's Butter Tarts
Terri has fond memories of her mother making butter tarts that didn't skimp on the butter. "Butter is a food group," says Terri, "and I love it."
Cook Time: 20 minutes | Yield: 14 tarts
- pastry for double-crust pie
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Roll out pastry on floured workspace 1/8-inch thick and cut into 3 75-inch rounds.
- Use these rounds to line 14 muffin cups.
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in corn syrup, brown sugar, raisins, rum and salt.
- Lightly beat the egg and add to raisin mixture.
- Use mixture to fill pastry lined cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in 425°F oven for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Remove from oven, run tip of knife around edges to loosen and let stand for at least 10 minutes before removing from muffin tins
Recipe courtesy of Food.com.
"One of our best friends – her name is Willie -- grew up Amish," says Billy. "She makes these amazing pumpkin cookies. It's an Amish specialty, and nobody does it better than her!"
Easton's grandma makes the best coconut cake he's ever had. She's can't to pass the exact recipe down because she doesn't measure the ingredients, but here's our best shot!
Lauren says she loves her Nana's pecan pie — even though she admits to picking off the nuts and just eating the pie! Here's a recipe, nuts and all.
Charles' favorite Christmas treat is a 10-layer cake his cousins make. Here’s a two-layer recipe you’ll love!
During the holidays, Cherrill Green of Eden's Edge, craves her mom's Hello Dolly Bars. Check out this recipe and the rest of Great American Country's recipes from other stars.
One of Steve's favorite cookies to bake has his personal touch — a thumbprint — in each one. "I do a dozen of them at a time," he says. "And then I have to go run."
Bucky says this cake is so rich, you can't finish one slice! But he'll try.
Troy Gentry of Montgomery Gentry has visions of Seven Layer Bars dancing in his head. Check out this recipe and the rest of Great American Country's recipes from other stars.
Nothing makes a holiday happy like a little bourbon. "You can't have too many of these, or you will get drunk!" says Laura Bell with a smile.
Brantley Gilbert can't hide his sweet tooth when it comes to his favorite holiday dessert, chocolate delight.