Terri Clark's Butter Tarts
Terri has fond memories of her mother making butter tarts that didn't skimp on the butter. "Butter is a food group," says Terri, "and I love it."
Cook Time: 20 minutes | Yield: 14 tarts
- pastry for double-crust pie
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Roll out pastry on floured workspace 1/8-inch thick and cut into 3 75-inch rounds.
- Use these rounds to line 14 muffin cups.
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in corn syrup, brown sugar, raisins, rum and salt.
- Lightly beat the egg and add to raisin mixture.
- Use mixture to fill pastry lined cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in 425°F oven for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Remove from oven, run tip of knife around edges to loosen and let stand for at least 10 minutes before removing from muffin tins
Recipe courtesy of Food.com.
Lauren says she loves her Nana's pecan pie — even though she admits to picking off the nuts and just eating the pie! Here's a recipe, nuts and all.
The challenge with these cookies? "You have to put them on wax paper and let them dry," says Ashton, "which is really hard because you usually eat them before they get dry."
For Eli Young Band's Chris Thompson, it wouldn't be the holidays without his mom's pumpkin pie.
During the holidays, Cherrill Green of Eden's Edge, craves her mom's Hello Dolly Bars. Check out this recipe and the rest of Great American Country's recipes from other stars.
"We don't have a holiday celebration unless my grandmother's coconut cake is on the table," says Kimberly. Check out her recipe and the rest of Great American Country's recipes from other stars.
When Mark's wife first made these cookies, he didn't think he'd like the combination of flavors. But then he tasted them – and the rest is history! It's now his favorite cookie of all.
Darryl Worley says his wife makes strawberry cake better than anyone. Check out this recipe and the rest of Great American Country's recipes from other stars.
"Every year around the holidays, I always look forward to my mom's apple pie," says Dustin. "And ice cream – you've gotta have ice cream with it!"
Every year during the holidays, Hannah and her brother always ask their mom to make her delicious banana cream pie. Here's the recipe so you can make it too!
"When I was little," says LeAnn, "one of my favorite things to do around Christmas was to make fudge with my Godmother. It's the most delicious thing in the entire world!"