Terri Clark's Butter Tarts
Terri has fond memories of her mother making butter tarts that didn't skimp on the butter. "Butter is a food group," says Terri, "and I love it."
Cook Time: 20 minutes | Yield: 14 tarts
- pastry for double-crust pie
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Roll out pastry on floured workspace 1/8-inch thick and cut into 3 75-inch rounds.
- Use these rounds to line 14 muffin cups.
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in corn syrup, brown sugar, raisins, rum and salt.
- Lightly beat the egg and add to raisin mixture.
- Use mixture to fill pastry lined cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in 425°F oven for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Remove from oven, run tip of knife around edges to loosen and let stand for at least 10 minutes before removing from muffin tins
Recipe courtesy of Food.com.
For Eli Young Band's Chris Thompson, it wouldn't be the holidays without his mom's pumpkin pie.
"One thing I love about the holidays is, we have these great neighbors that show up with tins of cookies," says Rodney. If you're a neighbor, here's a hint: make these — they're his favorite!
Jerrod has one wish for Christmas: "Mom, please make these Lemon Bars!"
Taylor Swift shares a recipe about her favorite holiday treat, pumpkin spice cookies. "Baking is my favorite!" says Taylor, who loves to make these every winter.
"We don't have a holiday celebration unless my grandmother's coconut cake is on the table," says Kimberly. Check out her recipe and the rest of Great American Country's recipes from other stars.
Brantley Gilbert can't hide his sweet tooth when it comes to his favorite holiday dessert, chocolate delight.
"This recipe is very simple and it's great fun to have an assembly line," says Kimberly Schlapman, who has fond memories of baking every Christmas at Grandma's, with all the women in her family.
"My family makes this stuff called 'Divinity' every year," says Lady A's Dave. "They're white, gooey circles – I don't know how else to describe them. It's really good."
Darryl Worley says his wife makes strawberry cake better than anyone. Check out this recipe and the rest of Great American Country's recipes from other stars.
Joe Diffie is a pro in the kitchen. Here's one of his favorite things to bake each year, chewy chocolate chip cookies.