Captain Jim's Lobster Casserole
Cook time: 30 min | Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 stick unsalted butter plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 sleeve crackers, crushed
- 2 heaping tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces Velveeta® cheese, cubed
- 1 cup asparagus, trimmed cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 ounces pimento
- 2 cups raw lobster meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup onion, minced for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a small pot, melt one stick of butter and crushed crackers. Set aside and keep warm.
In a large pot. melt 2 tablespoons of butter and flour until well incorporated and smooth. Add the milk and whisk together until it becomes a thick consistency, stirring constantly. Add the cheese to melt. Add the asparagus, mushrooms, peas and pimento. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the lobster, stir and pour into a 2 quart casserole dish.
Top with onions and crushed cracker mixture. Place in oven for 30 minutes.