Craig Campbell's Chocolate Dump Cake
Cook time: Follow directions on box | Yield: Varies
- 1 Box of Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 Box 4X Confectioners' Sugar
- 2 Large Containers Cool Whip
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or more if you desire)
- 1 large jar of maraschino cherries (drained) with stems pulled out
Using a 13X9" pan, bake cake and let it cool. Follow the directions on the box for cook time. Let the cake cool. Mix confectioners' sugar and cool whip together. In a large trifle bowl or punch bowl, spread a layer of sugar and cool whip mixture in the bottom of the bowl. Crumble one third of cake and spread layer on top of mixture (lightly press down each layer to level out). Sprinkle pecans on top of this layer. Repeat all three layers until the bowl is full. When you reach the top of the bowl, decorate it with the Cool Whip mixture, pecans and cherries. *Tip: I put my cake in the freezer for an hour or so to make it firm.