Fried Trout Cakes
Cook time: 6 minutes | Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 lb trout filet, skinless and boneless, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 lemon (for juice)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
Heat oil in a pan to medium.
Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and form 4 cakes. Place them in the oil and cook 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan when done, onto paper towels. Season with salt and squeeze lemon juice on top.