Cook time: 25-30 minutes | Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored Jell-O®
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 3/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberry puree
- Fresh strawberries, sliced for garnish
Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened room temperature
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 4 cups sifted powder sugar
- 3 teaspoons strawberry extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cupcake pans (12 holders each) with cupcake holders.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and dry strawberry gelatin until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the batter alternately with the milk. Blend in vanilla and strawberry puree. Using an ice cream scoop fill each cupcake holder 3/4 of the way full. You may have some extra batter left over.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees
For the Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing:
Using a hand blender beat all ingredients except powdered sugar together until well incorporated. Slowly add the powdered sugar.