Top Country Wedding Songs
We've gathered some of our top picks for country songs to be used throughout your wedding day.
Your wedding is easily considered the best day of your life. Months and sometimes even years go into the planning of every single detail, from the dress to your colors, the flowers, location and the cake.
One thing rarely overlooked is the selection of music played before, during and after the ceremony. And then there's the highlight of the reception — the first dance as husband and wife. We've gathered some of our top picks for wedding songs to be used throughout the big day.
Before the Ceremony
DIY Chalkboard Sign Leading to Quilt Covered Rows of Hay Bail Seating for Outdoor Country Wedding
Quilts pad the hay stacks lined in rows for seating at this outdoor wedding. The mix of blankets creates a cozy feel setting the stage for an inviting, southern style ceremony. A DIY chalkboard sign invites guests to choose a seat and eliminates the need for ushers. The sign is propped against a wood barrel with a white hydrangea flower display for a touch of decor.
- "Making Memories of Us" – Keith Urban
- "Hey Pretty Girl" – Kip Moore
- "When Love Finds You" – Vince Gill
- "Love Story" – Taylor Swift
- "She Said Yes" – Rhett Akins
- "Love, Me" – Collin Raye
- "Like Jesus Does" – Eric Church
- "She's In Love With the Boy" – Trisha Yearwood
- "She Thinks She Needs Me" – Andy Griggs
- "History in The Making" – Darius Rucker
- "Yes!" – Chad Brock
The Great Outdoors
Whether you grew up on a farm or just love the idyllic setting, country weddings give off a relaxed, down-home vibe — which may also help to calm pre-wedding nerves!
Find more outdoor wedding inspiration »
And speaking of nature, there is no better color scheme than the one the season dictates. For a fall wedding, let the radiant changing trees take center stage for a wedding (and photo!) you'll always cherish.
Create your own unique entryway for guests and the march down the aisle through reclaimed vintage doors and green wreaths. Keep the country theme with hay bales as benches.
Arrive in Style
Pickup trucks are staples on most farms, so why not include one in your ceremony? For one happy couple, this truck transported groomsmen and guests to the wedding.
Get more country wedding inspiration »
New Take on Tables
Why go with a basic gifts table when you can opt for a gifts carriage instead? This unexpected twist on the classic alternative offers a fresh option with character to boot.
Announcing the Mr. and Mrs.
"Simple yet sophisticated" perfectly describes this charming Southern wedding. Burlap signs with a cursive "Mr." and "Mrs." are a sweet and subtle nod to the newly-married couple.
See more of this wedding »
For this relaxed barn wedding, the couple showed off a few of their favorite childhood memories by creating personalized collages which they displayed on an old ladder.
To make dessert go around and give guests a tasty alternative to classic wedding cake, a cupcake stand with varying flavors and rows and rows of delicious treats couldn't be sweeter.
Blanketed Hay Bales
Bales of hay are cheap alternatives to benches or chairs for a western-themed wedding. Keep guests comfortable by placing blankets on the bales.
See more from this backyard barbecue »
Pre-Wedding Farm Party
A pre-wedding party is a fun way for guests and family to mingle. Farm-style entertainment and food brings the wedding party together in a relaxed setting.
See more from this wedding »
Truck Bed Buffet
The flat bed of the truck provides the perfect spot for a simple buffet. Wooden antiques and galvanized serving trays complete the decidedly-Southern look.
Walking Down the Aisle
- "Valentine" – Martina McBride
- "Walk Through This World With Me" – George Jones or Tammy Wynette
- "Your Love Amazes Me" – John Berry
- "Me And You" – Kenny Chesney
- "Love Me Tender" – Elvis Presley
- "Cowboy Take Me Away" – Dixie Chicks
- "To Make You Feel My Love" – Garth Brooks or Trisha Yearwood
- "Love of My Life" – Sammy Kershaw
- "Can't Help Falling in Love With You" – Elvis Presley
- "Grow Old With Me" – Mary Chapin Carpenter
Anna + Bryant
Anna and Bryant Reese were married on August 12, 2012, surrounded by friends, family and an enchanting woodsy setting. "I wanted something different, and we're just woodsy people," says Anna. "We love going to the mountains, and Bryant even proposed to me at the fork outside of Cades Cove (in the Smoky Mountains)."
Baby in Blue
"I saw the flower girl dresses on Pinterest and asked my sister-in-law to make them," Anna recalls. "They turned out great, and two of the girls kept them and went as fairies for Halloween."
One Happy Family
"Bravo is normally so well behaved, but seeing the love of his life (my husband) at the altar about to marry someone else made him go a little crazy," jokes Anna. "However, he settled down after the ceremony enough to lay some sticks at our feet and beg us to throw them during our first dance. It was the funniest, most perfect way to start our lives as a little family."
During the Ceremony
- Mama's Song" – Carrie Underwood
- "Marry Me" – Train and Martina McBride
- "Your Everything" – Keith Urban
- "When You Say Nothing at All" – Keith Whitley or Alison Krauss
- "Better Man" – The Warren Brothers
- "Just You And I" – Crystal Gayle and Eddie Rabbitt
- "You Make It Look So Easy" – Eric Church
- "Keeper of The Stars" – Tracy Byrd
- "From This Moment On" – Shania Twain
- "You Had Me From Hello" – Kenny Chesney
For this luxe Bohemian-themed wedding, the floral designer Lindsay Coletta wanted to avoid "matchy-matchy" design and instead blended pastels and brights.
For interesting conversation pieces and to save on arrangements, consider growing your own centerpieces. This unusual option is made up of carnivorous plants, succulents and ferns.
Wedding decorations are all in the details. Use vintage books with a bold romantic text to create custom table numbers for a centerpiece that will inspire and impress every guest. Textures and colors are key. Finish it off with gold metallic ink for a little extra glimmer.
Suggest “perfect chemistry” with subtle accents in a floral tablescape. An old test tube rack is not only ideal, it is also a creative way to display wedding flowers. Plus, it saves on budget by making a focal point out of single flowers.
Low and Lush
Think small and loose-style arrangements for a rustic, organic feel. "When choosing your design, don't go for extremely tight, compacted styles that use tons of flowers. Pick lower arrangements that feature lush greeneries, like seeded eucalyptus, bear grass and plumose. The greens will help stretch out the size of the arrangement," says Janie Medley, owner of Janie Medley Flora Design.
Simple wooden numbers on wooden picks are a fun way to number the tables at a rustic wedding. Placed in a colorful floral centerpiece, these make an easily recognizable and beautiful tabletop display. Design by Nicole Oliver
To add a sense of festive abundance to the table, get creative with non-floral centerpieces that can be used for a holiday wedding. Classic silver ball ornaments add interest when piled high in a silver compote or displayed in apothecary and bell jars. Fill in any empty spaces with mercury glass votives, taper candlesticks, additional ornaments and oversized pinecones. Design by CamilleStyles.com
With so much mixing and matching of patterns, this is a great opportunity to make a statement with bold monochromatic arrangements. Artfully arrange dozens of bright pink ranunculus in a single gold vase to create a striking focal point in the center of the table. Courtesy of Camille Styles, editor of CamilleStyles.com
Paper flowers are a great departure from traditional floral arrangements, but they can still make a strong visual impact. For this garland, paper magnolia blossoms were attached to real magnolia branches. Design by CamilleStyles.com
Double-Duty Dessert Tray
A three-tiered dessert tray is a great tool for displaying a pretty grouping of candles and greenery. Add visual interest by using herbs and vegetables with different textures, like the artichokes displayed here.
A combination of white garden roses, Queen Anne’s lace and ranunculus gives the feel of a frosted winter wonderland and brings a natural element to this table’s sage and ivory color palette. To recreate this look, create small arrangements in vintage silver vases and bowls. Then place them along a wooden runner. Design by CamilleStyles.com
- "I Don't Dance" – Lee Brice
- "God Gave Me You" – Blake Shelton
- "Come A Little Closer" – Dierks Bentley
- "Look At Us" – Vince Gill
- "Bless the Broken Road" – Rascal Flatts
- "Could I Have This Dance" – Anne Murray
- "When I Said I Do" – Clint Black & Lisa Hartman Black
- "You Are" – Jimmy Wayne
- "Love Your Love the Most" – Eric Church
- "Johnny and June" – Heidi Newfield
- "Lady" – Kenny Rogers
- "I Do (Cherish You)" – Mark Wills
- "All My Life" – Kenny Rogers
- "I Cross My Heart" – George Strait
- "Til I Loved You" – Restless Heart
- "Amazed" – Lonestar
- "It's Your Love" – Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
- "Always Have Always Will" – Blackhawk
- "Then" – Brad Paisley
- "Lost in This Moment" – Big & Rich
- "I Swear" – John Michael Montgomery
- "Belongs to You" – Emerson Drive
Father & Daughter Dance
- "Stealing Cinderella" – Chuck Wicks
- "My Little Girl" – Tim McGraw
- "Daddy Dance With Me" – Krystal Keith
- "Just Fishin'" – Trace Adkins
- "Let Them Be Little" – Billy Dean
- "In My Daughter's Eyes" – Martina McBride
- "Daddy's Hands" – Holly Dunn
Mother & Son Dance
- "Like My Mother Does" – Lauren Alaina
- "Don't Blink" – Kenny Chesney
- "The Baby" – Blake Shelton
- "Simple Man" – Lynard Skynyrd
- "I Hope You Dance" – Lee Ann Womack
- "My Wish" – Rascal Flatts
- "My Mother's Eyes" – Willie Nelson
Bride and Groom Enter Wedding Reception in East Tennessee Southern Barn Wedding
With over 200 guests in attendance, Megan and Collin couldn't help but feel the overwhelming love and support from their friends and family on their big day. The exposed beams of the barn's framework created a beautiful setting for the southern inspired ceremony.
- "Ours" – Taylor Swift
- "Wanted" – Hunter Hayes
- "Who I Am With You" – Chris Young
- "Look At You" – Big and Rich
- "Don't Think I Can't Love You" – Jake Owen
- "Til My Last Day" – Justin Moore
- "Forever & Ever Amen" – Randy Travis
- "It's A Love Thing" – Keith Urban
- "Amen Kind of Love" – Daryle Singletary
- "True Believers" – Darius Rucker
- "I Love You This Big – Scotty McCreary
- "Living in a Moment" – Ty Herndon
- "You're Still the One" – Shania Twain
- "God Gave Me You" – Blake Shelton
- "Old Fashioned Love" – Suzy Bogguss & Asleep at the Wheel
- "What a Beautiful Day" – Chris Cagle
- "I Could Not Ask for More" – Sara Evans
- "Must Be Doin' Somethin' Right" – Billy Currington
- "Long, Slow Kisses" – Jeff Bates
- "How Do I Live" – LeAnn Rimes
- "I Always Liked That Best" – Cyndi Thomson
- "The Rose" – Conway Twitty
- "Love Is Alive" – The Judds
- "You Won't Ever Be Lonely" – Andy Griggs
- "Love Is A Beautiful Thing" – Phil Vassar